The Ebonheart Book of the Month Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Ebonheart Book of the Month Club

Tamriel's only book club! We're a guild of casual and social friends which started in The Elder Scrolls Online, but has branched into The Secret World (Arcadia), and other games as well. Reading takes you to magical places! Well, reading and skooma....

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Fancy Feast

Fancy Feast
AKA exclarogatif. AKA "Sword Envy." Khajiit Love Slave to Profxmas
AKA exclarogatif. AKA

Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game   Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game - Page 2 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 5:23 pm

Briolase wrote:
Hippopoctopus wrote:
and anyone who doesn't post withing say 12 hours or something simply continues doing what they were last doing.

"Ty stares in the mirror for 14 hours"

Alan takes the briefcase and tries to call back Ty's gramma. She seems like a nice lady.
Back to top Go down
Briolase

Briolase
Doesn't need a J name to fit in with all the cool kids

PostSubject: Re: Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game   Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game - Page 2 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 5:24 pm

Fancy Feast wrote:
Briolase wrote:
Hippopoctopus wrote:
and anyone who doesn't post withing say 12 hours or something simply continues doing what they were last doing.

Alan takes the briefcase and tries to call back Ty's gramma. She seems like a nice lady.

I hope she baked cookies.

Okay, let's do this. Where's John?
Back to top Go down
Fancy Feast

Fancy Feast
AKA exclarogatif. AKA

PostSubject: Re: Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game   Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game - Page 2 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 5:27 pm

Briolase wrote:
Fancy Feast wrote:
Briolase wrote:
Hippopoctopus wrote:

He won't be out of work for a good six more hours or so
Back to top Go down
Hippopoctopus

Hippopoctopus
Grand Pagemaster and President for Life

PostSubject: Re: Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game   Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game - Page 2 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 5:29 pm

Fancy Feast wrote:
Briolase wrote:
Fancy Feast wrote:
Briolase wrote:
Hippopoctopus wrote:

I should be taking a nap right now......
Back to top Go down
https://epbotmc.forumotion.com
Fancy Feast

Fancy Feast
AKA exclarogatif. AKA

PostSubject: Re: Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game   Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game - Page 2 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 5:30 pm

Hippopoctopus wrote:
Briolase wrote:
Hippopoctopus wrote:

It could happen....

If you want to see an example of this, google "roll to dodge cyperpunk" and click the first link. I actually recycled the intro from that game for this game, because that one didn't get nearly as far as I would have liked, and because, based on what you guys choose to do, this one can go in a wildly different direction from where that one was headed.

I was actually reading through it earlier and it looks like a lot of fun.
I just wanna keep writing pretty much constantly. I feel like if you leave Brio and I unsupervised in here for too long things might get a little weird. In the best way possible.
Back to top Go down
Briolase

Briolase

PostSubject: Re: Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game   Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game - Page 2 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 5:31 pm

Hippopoctopus wrote:
Fancy Feast wrote:
Briolase wrote:
Fancy Feast wrote:
Briolase wrote:
Hippopoctopus wrote:

I SHOULD be, but instead I'm trying to level so I can bite you guys. Screw sleep, i haven't done it all weekend, why start now?
Back to top Go down
Briolase

Briolase

PostSubject: Re: Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game   Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game - Page 2 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 5:32 pm

Fancy Feast wrote:
Hippopoctopus wrote:
Briolase wrote:
Hippopoctopus wrote:

It could happen....

If you want to see an example of this, google "roll to dodge cyperpunk" and click the first link. I actually recycled the intro from that game for this game, because that one didn't get nearly as far as I would have liked, and because, based on what you guys choose to do, this one can go in a wildly different direction from where that one was headed.

I just wanna keep writing pretty much constantly. I feel like if you leave Brio and I unsupervised in here for too long things might get a little weird. In the best way possible.

Can't take us anywhere, can't leave us anywhere. We're impossible.
Back to top Go down
Hippopoctopus

Hippopoctopus

PostSubject: Re: Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game   Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game - Page 2 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 5:32 pm

Fancy Feast wrote:
Hippopoctopus wrote:
Briolase wrote:
Hippopoctopus wrote:

It could happen....

At least the word filter here doesn't change "cat" to "cult" like it does over there.... Although, maybe it should.....
Back to top Go down
Briolase

Briolase

PostSubject: Re: Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game   Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game - Page 2 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 5:33 pm

We need to vote on the filters. Now.
Back to top Go down
Hippopoctopus

Hippopoctopus

PostSubject: Re: Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game   Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game - Page 2 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 5:33 pm

This is not a democracy.
Back to top Go down
Fancy Feast

Fancy Feast
AKA exclarogatif. AKA

PostSubject: Re: Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game   Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game - Page 2 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 5:34 pm

Briolase wrote:
Hippopoctopus wrote:
Fancy Feast wrote:
Briolase wrote:
Fancy Feast wrote:
Briolase wrote:
Hippopoctopus wrote:

I SHOULD be, but instead I'm trying to level so I can bite you guys. Screw sleep, i haven't done it all weekend, why start now?

Very Happy I want to incorporate vampirism into the story!
You can sleep when you're dead. Or when we're all undead? I'm actually unbelievably sleep deprived right now but I think it's inspiring.
Back to top Go down
Fancy Feast

Fancy Feast
AKA exclarogatif. AKA

PostSubject: Re: Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game   Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game - Page 2 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 5:36 pm

I propose mutiny.
Back to top Go down
Briolase

Briolase

PostSubject: Re: Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game   Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game - Page 2 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 5:37 pm

Fancy Feast wrote:
Briolase wrote:
Hippopoctopus wrote:
Fancy Feast wrote:
Briolase wrote:
Fancy Feast wrote:
Briolase wrote:
Hippopoctopus wrote:

:DI want to incorporate vampirism into the story!
You can sleep when you're dead. Or when we're all undead? I'm actually unbelievably sleep deprived right now but I think it's inspiring.

I've been mulling over how vampirism might enter the scene in the story.
Back to top Go down
Hippopoctopus

Hippopoctopus

PostSubject: Re: Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game   Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game - Page 2 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 5:37 pm

I just went in and deleted a bunch of them, including rape=surprise sex! sex=/pushups, dog=less-than-cat and like 5 more that I don't remember anymore.
Back to top Go down
Fancy Feast

Fancy Feast
AKA exclarogatif. AKA

PostSubject: Re: Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game   Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game - Page 2 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 5:43 pm

Briolase wrote:
Fancy Feast wrote:
Briolase wrote:
Hippopoctopus wrote:
Fancy Feast wrote:
Briolase wrote:
Fancy Feast wrote:
Briolase wrote:
Hippopoctopus wrote:

:DI want to incorporate vampirism into the story!

I've been mulling over how vampirism might enter the scene in the story.

Is Briolase a vampire currently? I was kind of conflicted on using the line about seeing his artery since I'm not entirely sure if Elder Scrolls vampires have much of a circulatory system but I justified it because you used Dragon Blood back when I was looking at your gear a few days ago and that involves a massive heart beating in your chest.
Back to top Go down
Briolase

Briolase

PostSubject: Re: Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game   Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game - Page 2 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 5:46 pm

No, he's not a vampire currently in the story, but I think it should happen. At first I really didn't want to be, but now I can see where it would fit.
Back to top Go down
Hippopoctopus

Hippopoctopus

PostSubject: Re: Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game   Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game - Page 2 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 5:53 pm

Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game - Page 2 LL

Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game - Page 2 Lolol
Back to top Go down
Briolase

Briolase

PostSubject: Re: Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game   Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game - Page 2 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 5:56 pm

Have you met us?
Back to top Go down
Fancy Feast

Fancy Feast
AKA exclarogatif. AKA

PostSubject: Re: Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game   Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game - Page 2 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 6:05 pm

Alan shifted nervously in his seat as he began to sweat uncontrollably. He had planned on this meeting taking at most an hour and had measured out his stim dosage accordingly. They had been circling the same city block for hours now- the cab driver obviously had no idea where he was going. He looked over at Ty and nearly screamed when he saw the man had been replaced by some sort of horrific squid creature.

"Are- are you real?" He asked, voice barely above a whisper.

The squid blinked ponderously at him and spoke in a deep, monotone voice. "And who are you to determine what is real and what is not?"

"Wha-" Alan gasped. Searing heat overtook his body as the world shifted further around him. Colors inverted, lights melded together to create a spiraling psychedelic dreamscape. His clothes were positively suffocating. Fighting the stubborn fabric in a panicked flurry of movement, he eventually managed to strip down to his underwear.
Back to top Go down
Briolase

Briolase

PostSubject: Re: Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game   Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game - Page 2 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 9:04 pm

1-5 Meow Meow Beenz 1-5 Meow Meow Beenz 1-5 Meow Meow Beenz 1-5 Meow Meow Beenz 1-5 Meow Meow Beenz 
Back to top Go down
Hippopoctopus

Hippopoctopus

PostSubject: Re: Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game   Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game - Page 2 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 9:41 pm

1-5 Meow Meow Beenz 1-5 Meow Meow Beenz 1-5 Meow Meow Beenz 1-5 Meow Meow Beenz 1-5 Meow Meow Beenz 

I love that this is 3 pages already and the first turn has yet to occur.
Back to top Go down
profxmas

profxmas
Owner of Fancy Feast, love slave of Hippopoctopus. Oh, this vicious ring of lust.

PostSubject: Re: Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game   Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game - Page 2 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 11:54 pm

Gerard is gonna turn on the radio and pretend hes not staring into the mirror looking back at his 2 passengers more often then he should.
Back to top Go down
Briolase

Briolase

PostSubject: Re: Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game   Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2014 6:22 am

ty will punch in the address to his favorite cupcake emporium to the cab's console. He wants to buy cupcakes for his gramma.
Back to top Go down
Hippopoctopus

Hippopoctopus

PostSubject: Re: Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game   Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2014 12:03 pm

Turn 1

Ty shot the review mirror a quick glance. Hot damn, he looked good. As he was checking himself out, he noticed their driver quickly shift his eyes from the mirror back to the road. Ty deftly punches in the address for his favorite cupcake emporium on the seat-back keypad (4) before fingering the clasp on a black metal briefcase and turning his attention to the young man beside him.
Alan sat in the back of the dimly lit taxi. His left leg jittered anxiously, restless eyes shifting around to to look at everything but the man beside him. He absolutely loathed meeting with clients face-to-face, especially shady assholes like this.
Tugging his hood forward to ensure it still mostly covered his face, he reluctantly shot a look at the other man (5). "So. Where are we going exactly?" he queried as his eyes caught sight of a small manufacturer's imprint on the man's wrist. So, he was obviously a modder, Alan thought. Normally, this wouldn't be a big deal. Hell, Alan's own granny was probably a modder of some kind. However, this particular manufacturer was one that Alan recognized as one that was not typically available to the private sector. He pretended to scratch his leg, ensuring that the vibroknife was still secure in his sock.
"Tell me, Mister Maher," Ty began. Alan flinched visibly at the mention of his legal last name. "Apologies. Tell me Artemis, have you ever tasted a cupcake so utterly moist, with frosting so delectable that it gave you what can only be described as a mouthgasm? Few men maintain an appreciation for the art of analog baking in this day and age."
Alan shifted uneasily in his seat again. "Uh, ok. So, do you want to tell me what this is all about? You said you had information on my sister--and lots of credits with my name on them--in your wave...."
The already uneasy conversation ground to a halt as the cab radio suddenly switched on (1), blasting something akin to the Bloodhound Gang as a deathmetal band helmed by malfunctioning hooker robots who loved disco balls and sex noises as much as musical dissonance. The discombobulating sound lasted for mere seconds which dragged on for what seemed like hours as the cabby bumbled with the controls, apologizing and swearing profusely to no one in particular, since no one could hear a word he was saying. Finally, the godawful racket subsided, and Gerard continued to apologize, not realizing that, as he was fucking around with the radio controls, he had accidentally armed the cab's standard issue Happy-BoyTM mini fission bomb self-destruct mode. As a security feature, the countdown was silent.

current status wrote:
For the next turn, everyone will receive a -1 on anything that has to do with listening to anything. Ty will unfortunately receive a -2, as his internal hearing-amplifier mods are completely fucked and need to re-calibrate.

The cab and its occupants will attempt to self-destruct in a specific number of turns.

Last edited by Hippopoctopus on Tue May 06, 2014 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fancy Feast

Fancy Feast
AKA exclarogatif. AKA

PostSubject: Re: Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game   Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2014 3:46 pm

Alan couldn't help but grin at the hellish music. The band certainly brought back some fond memories of the good old days. He nearly protested the driver turning it off, but had more pressing matters to deal with.
"Anyway. I assume you need my services for something?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game   Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Roll to Dodge: Neo-Noir City: a Forum Game

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next