The Ebonheart Book of the Month Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Ebonheart Book of the Month Club

Tamriel's only book club! We're a guild of casual and social friends which started in The Elder Scrolls Online, but has branched into The Secret World (Arcadia), and other games as well. Reading takes you to magical places! Well, reading and skooma....

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Steam Summer Sale

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hippopoctopus

Hippopoctopus
Grand Pagemaster and President for Life

Steam Summer Sale Empty
PostSubject: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 7:00 pm

How I simultaneously adore and resent you....

I vow to not spend over $25 this year. My steam name is Monocled Narwhal, if anyone cares.
Back to top Go down
https://epbotmc.forumotion.com
Fancy Feast

Fancy Feast
AKA exclarogatif. AKA "Sword Envy." Khajiit Love Slave to Profxmas
AKA exclarogatif. AKA

Steam Summer Sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 12:03 am

Exclarogatif

I'm gonna try my best to not buy anything. I think I'll be safe unless any Secret World content goes on sale.
Back to top Go down
Hippopoctopus

Hippopoctopus

Steam Summer Sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 1:00 am

Is the secret world even on steam?
Back to top Go down
Fancy Feast

Fancy Feast
AKA exclarogatif. AKA

Steam Summer Sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 1:02 am

Yeah. I have it hooked up to my account and everything. I'm at 131 hours so far Very Happy
The only extra content they have is The Black Signal buuuuuut I do plan on buying that someday.
Back to top Go down
Hippopoctopus

Hippopoctopus

Steam Summer Sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 1:07 am

Damnit, if it does go on sale, I won't be able to get it through Steam since my base game isn't through Steam. :'(
Back to top Go down
Fancy Feast

Fancy Feast
AKA exclarogatif. AKA

Steam Summer Sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 1:15 am

Oooh that sucks. At least it isn't horribly expensive to begin with. Looks like only the collectors edition is on Steam anyway and that just comes with some extra items that aren't really that exciting. I mean, Jayne does need a school girl uniform though.
Back to top Go down
Hippopoctopus

Hippopoctopus

Steam Summer Sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 1:43 am

I really wish that all video games allowed cross-dressing. If Jayne wants to go to Pangaea and buy some lady clothes and wear them, he should totally be allowed to do just that.
Back to top Go down
Fancy Feast

Fancy Feast
AKA exclarogatif. AKA

Steam Summer Sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 1:45 am

The Black Signal description specifies uniforms for both male and female characters but I betcha they're different.
Back to top Go down
Hippopoctopus

Hippopoctopus

Steam Summer Sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 4:01 pm

How could I NOT buy an indie team based dinosaur shooter for $1.50?? Damn you, steam.
Back to top Go down
jonas3333

jonas3333
Eats books for breakfast--figuratively *and* literally.

Steam Summer Sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 7:16 pm

Damn you, Steam Summer Sale! Your power is too great for me to resist and I have already paid nearly full price for so many of your titles!

I find myself wanting to purchase games I already own simply because it's such a great deal and if those games were to be on Steam, well, that would just make sense right, because now it seems like all games should be on Steam. Because Steam is good.

Doomed I am.
Back to top Go down
Fancy Feast

Fancy Feast
AKA exclarogatif. AKA

Steam Summer Sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 7:19 pm

IF ANYBODY DOESN'T HAVE THE STANLEY PARABLE YET GO GET IT RIGHT NOW!

It's very short and very worth the sale price.
I paid full price for it and did pretty much everything in less than two hours- No regrets.
Back to top Go down
Hippopoctopus

Hippopoctopus

Steam Summer Sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 8:56 pm

Shadowrun Returns is fantastic as well.... Got it on a community choice sale for under $4, and if it dips down again before the end of the sale, I highly recommend picking it up... It reminds me of a cyberpunk version of Arcanum (aka one of the greatest PC RPGs of all time).
Back to top Go down
jonas3333

jonas3333

Steam Summer Sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 8:42 am

Yar. I have kept my expense down to $26 so far and got 5 titles out of it, including The Stanley Parable as per Jordan's suggestion. I haven't tried playing that yet as I've been sucked heavily into Rogue Legacy all the live long day, just to pass my time away.

Trying hard to not buy further deals, but - Stick of Truth is only $40, Stick of Truth is only $40, Stick of Truth is only $40. Ack.

Back to top Go down
Fancy Feast

Fancy Feast
AKA exclarogatif. AKA

Steam Summer Sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 9:39 am

Oh maaaan Stick of Truth was so fun. If you like south park at all it's so worth it, though I wish it was longer. There's so much character customization which is always a top priority for me and the actual game play is really fun.
Back to top Go down
Hippopoctopus

Hippopoctopus

Steam Summer Sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 11:22 am

I've picked up five games thus far and spent under $10 total.
Back to top Go down
Fancy Feast

Fancy Feast
AKA exclarogatif. AKA

Steam Summer Sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 3:26 pm

Ugggh The Banner Saga is on sale. I really want that... Must stay strong.

AND Batman Arkham Origins is $7 right now.
Back to top Go down
Fancy Feast

Fancy Feast
AKA exclarogatif. AKA

Steam Summer Sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 10:13 pm

I did it. I gave in and bought something. Y'know what though? It's completely worth it cuuuuuz
GOAT SIMULATOR FOR $7 OF COURSE I'M GOING TO BUY THAT

goats. explosions. horrific crimes against humanity. ragdoll physics.
videah game panacea.
Back to top Go down
Hippopoctopus

Hippopoctopus

Steam Summer Sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 2:34 am

I've been thinking about that one myself.... So, Marlow Briggs is only $0.99 and I highly recommend it. Here's a bit about the story:
Quote :
A new breed of WARRIOR returns, committed to destroying the enemies of FREEDOM
When ONE angry man, has a world to protect - There is only ONE future – HIS OWN

No-nonsense hero Marlow never shied away from danger or trouble. But now he faces his ULTIMATE challenge. After crash-landing in Central America, he has an industrial evil to defeat whilst bound to an ancient Mayan Death Mask who’s had no-one to talk to for 2000 years. Another day at the office only this time Marlow is PUSHED TO THE LIMIT , his sweetheart has been abducted, the bad guys are making up their own rules and only one man can judge them – and EXECUTE THE SENTENCE .

Fearlessly fighting through Mayan temples and towering valleys, monstrous machinery, nothing, but nothing, will stand in the way of this bad ass warrior, his girl and the crushing of all opposition.

They told him to go to HELL, he was DEAD ready!!!

It's basically a God of War rip-off, but it's way too awesome to pass on for that price.

So far, I've picked up that, Shadowrun Returns, Batman: Arkham City and Arkham Origins, Dishonored, Don't Starve, One Way Heroics, Orion Dino Horde (meh), Rogue Legacy, Trine, and Trine 2, all for under $30. I feel good about myself.
Back to top Go down
Hippopoctopus

Hippopoctopus

Steam Summer Sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 3:16 am

Rule 34 Steam Summer Sale:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Steam Summer Sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale Empty

Back to top Go down

Steam Summer Sale

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1