The Ebonheart Book of the Month Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Ebonheart Book of the Month Club

Tamriel's only book club! We're a guild of casual and social friends which started in The Elder Scrolls Online, but has branched into The Secret World (Arcadia), and other games as well. Reading takes you to magical places! Well, reading and skooma....

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Secret World

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17
AuthorMessage
Briolase

Briolase
Doesn't need a J name to fit in with all the cool kids

The Secret World - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret World   The Secret World - Page 17 EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 3:29 am

Welcome to your destiny. GROUP HUG!
Back to top Go down
Hippopoctopus

Hippopoctopus
Grand Pagemaster and President for Life

PostSubject: Re: The Secret World   The Secret World - Page 17 EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 3:32 am

Awww yay! I'm finally accepted somewhere! I knew that one day people would be able to look past my neck scrotum.
Back to top Go down
https://epbotmc.forumotion.com
Fancy Feast

Fancy Feast
AKA exclarogatif. AKA "Sword Envy." Khajiit Love Slave to Profxmas
AKA exclarogatif. AKA

PostSubject: Re: The Secret World   The Secret World - Page 17 EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 3:35 am

Very Happy
We should all get matching shirts or something. OH WAIT! We have shirts. Just need to get another one now.
Back to top Go down
Fancy Feast

Fancy Feast
AKA exclarogatif. AKA

PostSubject: Re: The Secret World   The Secret World - Page 17 EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 3:37 am

Hippopoctopus wrote:
Awww yay! I'm finally accepted somewhere! I knew that one day people would be able to look past my neck scrotum.

The Secret World - Page 17 Butters_with_Balls_on_his_chin
Back to top Go down
Hippopoctopus

Hippopoctopus

PostSubject: Re: The Secret World   The Secret World - Page 17 EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 3:56 am

Fancy Feast wrote:
Hippopoctopus wrote:

The Secret World - Page 17 Butters_with_Balls_on_his_chin

The Secret World - Page 17 Movie-43-Hugh-Jackman1
Back to top Go down
Fancy Feast

Fancy Feast
AKA exclarogatif. AKA

PostSubject: Re: The Secret World   The Secret World - Page 17 EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 1:20 pm

So guys, this right here is why we need to do more dungeons. I accidentally spoiler'd myself and by reading this you will be too, so yeah you probably should just ignore this post. YOU ASKED JUSHTIN.

I was doing some poking around in game lore, being cheap n lazy and just reading it on the wiki instead of earning it in game. I blame the Illuminati as bad influences. Anyway, I came across this little nugget:

The Hell Dimension lore entry 17 wrote:
The war between Wicker and the Enemy heightens. Demon clashes with demon, eyes rolling, eager for gore. Crazed jinn ravage. Hulking golems rise from fallen meteors. Cogs and wheels turn. Machines contrive, pumping poison.

The war between Wicker (dude from the super-funtime Hell dungeon duh) and the Enemy? Who's the Enemy? First instinct points to the Dreamers ("enemy", lulz), buuut...

Hell Dimensions lore entry 21 wrote:
Beware! Beware the Enemy. Did you see him? How fierce he seemed in motion, with wings outstretched. He remembers all Ages. He knows the secrets of the ancient technology here. The Enemy was one of them who built it. He is more than demon born. His name? Let us not speak it, sweetling. Not yet.

So he's "one of them who built it". Built what?

Gaia Engines lore wrote:
The engines run, but where are the builders?

This is the only other reference to builders I recall seeing. So, I'm just jumping on assumptions and going with this Enemy broski being involved in the construction of the Gaia Engines sooo probably not a Dreamer.

Hell Dimension lore entry 28 wrote:
Initiate the verboten secrets.
The Enemy remembers all Ages. When it becomes necessary to utter a name, we shiver. And that name is Eblis. He is one of the builders. He helped construct Hell in the time before time before time. When it becomes necessary to utter a word, we shudder. And that word is Nephilim. He is one of the fallen Host. Gaia still remembers his tinkering.

Eblis= Enemy of god, a demon, etc

Nephilim= This word has all sorts of interpretations but basically, it seems to be implying he's some sort of ancient descendant of god/a Titan. Or a former humanesque thing from a former Age. Probably the first or second one that we know nothing about.

'Cept this- Hell Dimensions lore entry 24 wrote:
A burning place, dessicated corpses of a hundred thousand demons smolder in the ashes of strange cities and petrified forests. The oily oceans boil and the mountains roar to the soot-choked sky. Salt and sulphur dunes give way to wrong-angled cliffs. The burning glow of the far horizon is occasionally broken by the monolithic remains of Second Age structures, relics from a time when humanity openly consorted with demons.
Sounds like my idea of a party.

Then of course, you can always just search Eblis in the Secret World Wiki and RUIN EVERYTHING about a dungeon we all really really need to do.
Don't read this :

In conclusion, this game is incredible and you assholes (not you Brio <3) need to hurry up and get useful so we can go do the Shadowy Forest dungeon. Which is coincidentally my favorite game location so far.
Back to top Go down
Hippopoctopus

Hippopoctopus

PostSubject: Re: The Secret World   The Secret World - Page 17 EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 3:04 pm

Where is the Shadowy Forest? Transylvania?

The Nephilim are one of my favorite biblical references for real, simply because they imply angel/ human hybrid creatures, which is awesome. They were one of the big reasons that God decided to reboot the world with the flood. A lot of Christian scholars subscribe to the belief that in the passage that talks about them (When human beings began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. Then the Lord said, “My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.”
The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.) the "sons of god and daughters of men" is simply talking about God's chosen people (the Israelites) getting it on with pagan ladies and that the Nephilim are nothing but humans born to this disgraceful mixing of ethnicities, but that doesn't make any sense at all either in context of the rest of that passage, or given the literal translation for the Hebrew word sons of God (bene Elohim) in never used in scripture to reference humans, and is in fact only seen one other place (the book of Job) where it describes the members of an angelic court presenting themselves to God. Plus, if you get into ancient alien theories at all, this can be really fun. A lot of scholars think that the Nephilim formed the basis for many ancient religions' descriptions of demigods and heroes with supernatural strength and whatnot. But I digress.... the Nephilim referenced in TSW lore is likely referring to a singular entity (probably a fallen angel or a chief of fallen angels) and serves to go hand-in-hand as a Hebrew/ Christian counterpart/ partner to the Islamic Ebris (who is basically the Islamic version of Satan and is chief of the djinn and defied Allah in some way and was cast out of Heaven).

Also interesting, in the apocryphal book of Enoch, it's described that 200 bene Elohim decided to marry human ladies and they were divided into groups and each group had a leader and is described as having taught something to the humans they were boning:
Kasdeja, who "Taught the children of men all the wicked smitings of spirits and demons, and the smitings of the embryo in the womb, that it may pass away."
Azazel, who "Taught men to make swords, knives, shields, breastplates, the fabrication of mirrors and the workmanship of bracelets and ornaments, the use of paint, the beautifying of the eyebrows, the use of stones of every valuable and select kind, and of all sorts of dyes, so that the world became altered."
Barkayal, who "Taught the observers of the stars."
Penemue, who "Taught the bitter and the sweet, the use of ink and paper."
Gadreel, who "Introduced weapons of war."

I dunno. I get way too into this stuff.....
Back to top Go down
Fancy Feast

Fancy Feast
AKA exclarogatif. AKA

PostSubject: Re: The Secret World   The Secret World - Page 17 EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 3:45 pm

Yeah the Shadowy Forest is the second area in Transylvania. It's very purty- all shadow-y and forest-y. Lots of scury monsters and colorful fungus and filth-infected streams. I'm a fan.

Ahhh that's cool. I was thinkin of Nephilim being like the Titan/s from Greek mythology (because I love Greek mythology and try to connect it to everything), being children of Gaia and Uranus and ruling what kind of sounds like what few references I've seen to the First Age before being tossed into Tartarus. Which has lots of parallels to all sorts of mythos/belief systems and has me thinking back on the Dreamers again and what they are/their reason for being imprisoned.

Also one of the links I posted relates Eblis to Azazel, though it's very vague about how exactly they're connected. Your bit about the 200 bene Elohim is verrry interesting. I love me some new information.
Back to top Go down
Briolase

Briolase
Doesn't need a J name to fit in with all the cool kids

PostSubject: Re: The Secret World   The Secret World - Page 17 EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 4:02 pm

I have sooooo much to say about all this, but it's all spoilery so I'll just shut up now.
Back to top Go down
Fancy Feast

Fancy Feast
AKA exclarogatif. AKA

PostSubject: Re: The Secret World   The Secret World - Page 17 EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 4:15 pm

Spoilery for me too? Are you still further than me game-wise? D:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Secret World   The Secret World - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Secret World

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 17 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17