The Ebonheart Book of the Month Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Ebonheart Book of the Month Club

Tamriel's only book club! We're a guild of casual and social friends which started in The Elder Scrolls Online, but has branched into The Secret World (Arcadia), and other games as well. Reading takes you to magical places! Well, reading and skooma....

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Poll: Remove the Forum Censor

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Should the Forum Censor Be Removed?
Yes
Poll: Remove the Forum Censor Vote_lcap0%Poll: Remove the Forum Censor Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No
Poll: Remove the Forum Censor Vote_lcap0%Poll: Remove the Forum Censor Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Hell Yes
Poll: Remove the Forum Censor Vote_lcap100%Poll: Remove the Forum Censor Vote_rcap
 100% [ 2 ]
Only those with the potential to interfere with writing
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

AuthorMessage
Briolase

Briolase
Doesn't need a J name to fit in with all the cool kids

Poll: Remove the Forum Censor Empty
PostSubject: Poll: Remove the Forum Censor   Poll: Remove the Forum Censor EmptyThu May 29, 2014 2:43 pm

Too often the forum censor interferes with our story posts. While it was amusing at first, now it has become an exercise in frustration, trying to outwit the censor every time we write a post. Should the censor be removed?
Back to top Go down
Briolase

Briolase

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Remove the Forum Censor   Poll: Remove the Forum Censor EmptyThu May 29, 2014 2:48 pm

Look at it this way, when we know a word is being censored, all we're going to do is include a slash or a star anyway, so eventually we just end up with posts full of w/et and lo*ve and etc. Should we really be prevented from ever expressing our lo*ve for each other and our guild? I don't think so.
Back to top Go down
Fancy Feast

Fancy Feast
AKA exclarogatif. AKA "Sword Envy." Khajiit Love Slave to Profxmas
AKA exclarogatif. AKA

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Remove the Forum Censor   Poll: Remove the Forum Censor EmptyThu May 29, 2014 2:50 pm

Is there any way to make it not affect the "I Made This Myself" subforum?
*tryin ta compromise even though I HATE IT*
Back to top Go down
Briolase

Briolase

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Remove the Forum Censor   Poll: Remove the Forum Censor EmptyThu May 29, 2014 2:53 pm

Yeah, if there's a way to prevent it from affecting our stories, that'd be fine.

We work really hard on our writing, and try to make it read smoothly. Having the censor fondle our work after we put a lot into it makes me feel like my efforts don't matter Sad
Back to top Go down
Hippopoctopus

Hippopoctopus
Grand Pagemaster and President for Life

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Remove the Forum Censor   Poll: Remove the Forum Censor EmptyThu May 29, 2014 3:33 pm

I agree with you guys, actually. If there was a way to make specific subforums immune, I would do that, but I don't think there is. I'll just get rid of all of them except a couple, like my name. I should point out though that the word "love" isn't censored, just the phrase "in lesbians."
Back to top Go down
https://epbotmc.forumotion.com
Fancy Feast

Fancy Feast
AKA exclarogatif. AKA "Sword Envy." Khajiit Love Slave to Profxmas
AKA exclarogatif. AKA

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Remove the Forum Censor   Poll: Remove the Forum Censor EmptyThu May 29, 2014 3:55 pm

I'm in lesbians with Brio

Just checking
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Remove the Forum Censor   Poll: Remove the Forum Censor Empty

Back to top Go down

Poll: Remove the Forum Censor

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Ebonheart Book of the Month Club :: Wabbajack :: General Bric-a-Brak-