The Ebonheart Book of the Month Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Ebonheart Book of the Month Club

Tamriel's only book club! We're a guild of casual and social friends which started in The Elder Scrolls Online, but has branched into The Secret World (Arcadia), and other games as well. Reading takes you to magical places! Well, reading and skooma....

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

X-Com: Enemy Unknown

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hippopoctopus

Hippopoctopus
Grand Pagemaster and President for Life

X-Com: Enemy Unknown Empty
PostSubject: X-Com: Enemy Unknown   X-Com: Enemy Unknown EmptyThu May 29, 2014 1:56 pm

Have any of you guys gotten into the X-Com series at all? I love playing as a whole MIB type organization, building a base, and then sending squads out on missions for tactical table-top style fun and slaughter. I really want to get the Enemy Within expansion at some point, and try out the Bureau.

If any of you play this, it'd be fun to have some quick multiplayer matches sometime.
Back to top Go down
https://epbotmc.forumotion.com
Hippopoctopus

Hippopoctopus

PostSubject: Re: X-Com: Enemy Unknown   X-Com: Enemy Unknown EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 2:42 am

Nobody? Man, I feel like all of you would like this game. I just started a new campaign on normal difficulty with Ironman turned on, which only gives you one save file, and makes every choice so much more meaningful. I have squad members named after all of you, just FYI. You will probably all die terrible deaths, and be immortalized on the memorial wall in the base. John's a heavy, Jordan's an assault, and Brio's a sniper.
Back to top Go down
Fancy Feast

Fancy Feast
AKA exclarogatif. AKA "Sword Envy." Khajiit Love Slave to Profxmas
AKA exclarogatif. AKA

PostSubject: Re: X-Com: Enemy Unknown   X-Com: Enemy Unknown EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 3:13 am

I get super mega ultra bored with games that aren't heavily based around storyline and dialogue n whatnot. If I bought it I'd probably play for a few hours and then go back to something else.

I like that you made me assault though. You know me well.
Back to top Go down
Hippopoctopus

Hippopoctopus

PostSubject: Re: X-Com: Enemy Unknown   X-Com: Enemy Unknown EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 3:15 am

It actually does have a really epic storyline, but it might be too slow paced for you. I dunno. I made your characters look as much like you as I could. And Brio is a man, because of course Brio is a man.
Back to top Go down
Fancy Feast

Fancy Feast
AKA exclarogatif. AKA

PostSubject: Re: X-Com: Enemy Unknown   X-Com: Enemy Unknown EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 3:18 am

Now I'm not sure if my feelings are hurt or not. Slow paced...
Back to top Go down
Hippopoctopus

Hippopoctopus

PostSubject: Re: X-Com: Enemy Unknown   X-Com: Enemy Unknown EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 3:25 am

Well, you said you get bored easily....
Back to top Go down
Fancy Feast

Fancy Feast
AKA exclarogatif. AKA

PostSubject: Re: X-Com: Enemy Unknown   X-Com: Enemy Unknown EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 3:27 am

IF IT ISN'T ENGAGING

Hey unrelated other than space-shit. You should play Mass Effect.
Back to top Go down
Hippopoctopus

Hippopoctopus

PostSubject: Re: X-Com: Enemy Unknown   X-Com: Enemy Unknown EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 3:29 am

I tried, and I got bored. I can only play the exact same game by bioware so many times in so many different skins before just wishing they were all Baldur's Gate.
Back to top Go down
Fancy Feast

Fancy Feast
AKA exclarogatif. AKA

PostSubject: Re: X-Com: Enemy Unknown   X-Com: Enemy Unknown EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 3:44 am

But combat is soooo fun.
And you can bang one of my most favorite characters in anything ever.
X-Com: Enemy Unknown PAUqpwo

Best gif I could find quickly.
Though I love Thane too. Yeah I understand the Bioware hate but this series was reaaaally fun. Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Hippopoctopus

Hippopoctopus

PostSubject: Re: X-Com: Enemy Unknown   X-Com: Enemy Unknown EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 4:00 am

I don't hate BioWare at all. I loved the Kotor games... I just feel like every game they make, despite being good, boils down to the exact same formula.
Back to top Go down
Briolase

Briolase
Doesn't need a J name to fit in with all the cool kids

PostSubject: Re: X-Com: Enemy Unknown   X-Com: Enemy Unknown EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 6:40 am

BAH, Mass Effect was great. As much as I love Jack, I had to bang Tali.

Dydreas is usually my sniper.
Back to top Go down
Fancy Feast

Fancy Feast
AKA exclarogatif. AKA

PostSubject: Re: X-Com: Enemy Unknown   X-Com: Enemy Unknown EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 9:04 am

Hah John banged Tali.
Infiltrator was probably my favorite playthrough. That and adept.

Justin, My Lord and Pagemaster Forever Amen, My Lord and Pagemaster Forever Amen thread= derailed
Back to top Go down
Hippopoctopus

Hippopoctopus

PostSubject: Re: X-Com: Enemy Unknown   X-Com: Enemy Unknown EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 10:26 am

X-Com: Enemy Unknown INf661Z

Here you guys are. It doesn't show first names in this view, but I'm sure you know who you are. Shanaynay is on the right.
Back to top Go down
Hippopoctopus

Hippopoctopus

PostSubject: Re: X-Com: Enemy Unknown   X-Com: Enemy Unknown EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 10:27 am

I forgot to give Jordan a nickname. John isn't ranked up enough to have a nickname. John, a mentally handicapped cat is ranked higher than you, even though your character was one of my original four and she wasn't.....
Back to top Go down
Briolase

Briolase

PostSubject: Re: X-Com: Enemy Unknown   X-Com: Enemy Unknown EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 10:29 am

Nice. I'm an officer AND Jizztacular.
Back to top Go down
Fancy Feast

Fancy Feast
AKA exclarogatif. AKA

PostSubject: Re: X-Com: Enemy Unknown   X-Com: Enemy Unknown EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 11:24 am

Well now that we all know where we stand in Jushtin's eyes...
I don't want to be a wardog. Make me a warcat, or at least a warlemur or somethin.
Back to top Go down
Hippopoctopus

Hippopoctopus

PostSubject: Re: X-Com: Enemy Unknown   X-Com: Enemy Unknown EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 11:36 am

Take comfort, Wardog, in the fact that you're still alive.

X-Com: Enemy Unknown SzMWrUU

X-Com: Enemy Unknown UIsz5Oa

I was going to take all four of you on that mission, because you have good synergy together, but decided to opt to take a rookie to help make some new better soldiers. That was a huge mistake. The mission was only rated at a moderate, but Jesus, the Mutons came out of nowhere while I was focused on taking out a group of Thin Men. The creature launched itself over a truck and landed face-to-face with Cpt. Dydreas, and filled his face with plasma at point blank range for a critical hit on the man who had the most health. My heart sank in my chest as I saw him laying there, blood pooled around him, the Muton sickeningly smug about taking out the man who had become legend among his ranks. The rookie of course went into a panic and was useless the next couple rounds, but Shanaynay locked her jaw, leaned from behind her cover, and resolutely avenged her fallen comrade, a single tear welling in her eye. Sgt. Rumiez was pinned down inside a train car, and had just been poisoned by a vile Thin Man, but he heard his brother-in-arms' final cry, and screamed as he pumped the alien scum full of lead with his machine gun.

A very tasteful memorial service was held back at the base. The captain will be fondly remembered and missed by all members of the XCOM initiative, even if his heroic feats are never known to the rest of the world.
Back to top Go down
Briolase

Briolase

PostSubject: Re: X-Com: Enemy Unknown   X-Com: Enemy Unknown EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 11:38 am

Sad 
Back to top Go down
Hippopoctopus

Hippopoctopus

PostSubject: Re: X-Com: Enemy Unknown   X-Com: Enemy Unknown EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 11:41 am

You had the most kills of any of my other recruits. I am so heartbroken to see you fall in battle, especially when I know I could have prevented it with better tactical planning. I will never let myself live this down--your death was on my hands. I need a drink.

I just wish I could go back to a previous save file and revive you and we could laugh and sing and frolic again like the good old days, you with your giant pink handlebar mustache. I had just been feeling so proud of how few losses I've experienced this ironman run, so of course the game has to hit me where it hurts the most. Right in the dick. You were the penis of this squad, and now the squad is a eunuch.
Back to top Go down
Fancy Feast

Fancy Feast
AKA exclarogatif. AKA

PostSubject: Re: X-Com: Enemy Unknown   X-Com: Enemy Unknown EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 11:58 am

If Brio's the penis what are John and I? The balls? I don't want to be a ball.
Back to top Go down
Hippopoctopus

Hippopoctopus

PostSubject: Re: X-Com: Enemy Unknown   X-Com: Enemy Unknown EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 12:01 pm

No, you guys are the tits.

Fuck gender norms.
Back to top Go down
Fancy Feast

Fancy Feast
AKA exclarogatif. AKA

PostSubject: Re: X-Com: Enemy Unknown   X-Com: Enemy Unknown EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 12:06 pm

<3

I call the left one.

So are you going to remake Dydreas?
Back to top Go down
Hippopoctopus

Hippopoctopus

PostSubject: Re: X-Com: Enemy Unknown   X-Com: Enemy Unknown EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 12:18 pm

No, but a fresh new recruit named Calvin Dydreas will appear, hoping to follow in his father's footsteps.
Back to top Go down
Hippopoctopus

Hippopoctopus

PostSubject: Re: X-Com: Enemy Unknown   X-Com: Enemy Unknown EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 12:28 pm

The new team is assembled. Wish me luck.

X-Com: Enemy Unknown DOZPJ6U

X-Com: Enemy Unknown S7PcPc4
Back to top Go down
Hippopoctopus

Hippopoctopus

PostSubject: Re: X-Com: Enemy Unknown   X-Com: Enemy Unknown EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 3:41 am

So, I was forced to go after a "very difficult" mission with only Jordan and Char leading a group of fresh new recruits, as John, Josh, Shanaynay and Calvin Drydeas were all injured and in recovery after their last mission. Oh god, there was so much blood. All the recruits panicked and started firing on anything that moved, including one another.....

X-Com: Enemy Unknown 8UY4dMz

X-Com: Enemy Unknown P9ZSmwl

X-Com: Enemy Unknown SzuuPFn

X-Com: Enemy Unknown 75LpR9T

X-Com: Enemy Unknown O3DumkQ

After this mission, four more countries withdrew their funding from my organization as unchecked panic swept the globe and the alien takeover of our planet was imminent.

Needless to say, I deleted this save and started a fresh game. Hopefully you guys do better this time around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: X-Com: Enemy Unknown   X-Com: Enemy Unknown Empty

Back to top Go down

X-Com: Enemy Unknown

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Ebonheart Book of the Month Club :: Wabbajack :: Other Games-