The Ebonheart Book of the Month Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Ebonheart Book of the Month Club

Tamriel's only book club! We're a guild of casual and social friends which started in The Elder Scrolls Online, but has branched into The Secret World (Arcadia), and other games as well. Reading takes you to magical places! Well, reading and skooma....

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need help with my character

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Briolase

Briolase
Doesn't need a J name to fit in with all the cool kids

Need help with my character Empty
PostSubject: Need help with my character   Need help with my character EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 11:58 am

Dydreas is a Bos*mer, but he's in the Ebonheart Pact. But I'm floundering on a background. I'm not sure how he arrived here or what experiences inform his loyalties. This has kept me from leveling him very far, though I do enjoy playing Bow-sorc. I get a sense that he's been here a long time and he doesn't have a lot - or any - direct experience with his own people. What he's heard of Bos*mer from others likely horrifies him and he wouldn't want to eat people. Yuck. I also get a sense that he's rather mean and petty in some ways, at least based on his behavior in some quests. He's youngish, probably not long out of (bos*mer-age) childhood. If anyone is willing to help me do a bit of brainstorming, I'd be very grateful.
Back to top Go down
Hippopoctopus

Hippopoctopus
Grand Pagemaster and President for Life

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my character   Need help with my character EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 1:57 pm

Embrace the word filter! Embrace it! I removed the make/ made/ makes censor, because I didn't think about all the ways that word is used for things other than crafting, and it was getting really annoying.

Maybe Dydreas was lost as a baby and raised by a caravan of traveling gypsies, so he was never indoctrinated in the meat-cult? The vagabond life could have probably caused him to grow a bit selfish/ hardened/ "mean" as well? That's the best I have.....
Back to top Go down
https://epbotmc.forumotion.com
Izzy

Izzy
May have read a pamphlet once
May have read a pamphlet once

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my character   Need help with my character EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 2:20 pm

Whatever you do, please include cliffracers. They are the sole source of all evil in Morrowind, and the Pact's one true enemy. I'd understand Dydreas' gruff personality immediately if it was in direct response to terror's final form given flight.
Back to top Go down
Hippopoctopus

Hippopoctopus

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my character   Need help with my character EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 2:31 pm

Izzy wrote:
Whatever you do, please include cliffracers. They are the sole source of all evil in Morrowind, and the Pact's one true enemy. I'd understand Dydreas' gruff personality immediately if it was in direct response to terror's final form given flight.

That awkward hovering right over my head, convulsing and jerking spastically like some sort of cracked-out night terror; that hollow, soulless, bloodthirsty screech echoing forever and ever through my nightmares and the waking horror of my life....
I never went to war or anything, but the horrors I saw flapping above me on the island of Vvardenfel gave me PTSD worse than anything I could imagine.

Need help with my character Cliff_racer_by_aurgelmir27-d7amhcg

Need help with my character Tumblr_lh6r1sKUVc1qbsjfzo1_400
Back to top Go down
Briolase

Briolase

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my character   Need help with my character EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 4:21 pm

Okay, I actually had a brief cliff racer experience in ESO recently. It turned out to only be a tree branch, but for one brief second....

Back to top Go down
Hippopoctopus

Hippopoctopus

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my character   Need help with my character EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 4:22 pm

I'm so sorry....
Back to top Go down
Fancy Feast

Fancy Feast
AKA exclarogatif. AKA "Sword Envy." Khajiit Love Slave to Profxmas
AKA exclarogatif. AKA

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my character   Need help with my character EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 5:29 pm

I must be crazy, but playing a character focusing on marksmanship I didn't really mind the cliff racers so much. They made good skill leveling fodder.
Oh also Justin, My Lord and Pagemaster Forever Amen what do the swords under some people's names on here mean? I want stabby things too.

But anyway, I like the raised-by-gypsies idea. Or maybe adopted by a tavern owner and spent far too much time hanging out with drunk Undaunted members?
Back to top Go down
Briolase

Briolase

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my character   Need help with my character EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 6:07 pm

Hmmm... y'all are giving me a few ideas here.
Back to top Go down
Hippopoctopus

Hippopoctopus

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my character   Need help with my character EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 6:17 pm

FF, the swords are just tied to the number-of-post based ranks that people automatically get here until I think of a fitting custom rank for them. I'm putting giving you swords on my to do list for when I get home. Inactive Quest
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my character   Need help with my character Empty

Back to top Go down

Need help with my character

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1