The Ebonheart Book of the Month Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Ebonheart Book of the Month Club

Tamriel's only book club! We're a guild of casual and social friends which started in The Elder Scrolls Online, but has branched into The Secret World (Arcadia), and other games as well. Reading takes you to magical places! Well, reading and skooma....

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is anyone interested in participating in a round robin of ESO writing?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Briolase

Briolase
Doesn't need a J name to fit in with all the cool kids

Is anyone interested in participating in a round robin of ESO writing?  Empty
PostSubject: Is anyone interested in participating in a round robin of ESO writing?    Is anyone interested in participating in a round robin of ESO writing?  EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 10:26 am

It would be something fun, casual and low pressure. Come on, you know you wanna.
Back to top Go down
Hippopoctopus

Hippopoctopus
Grand Pagemaster and President for Life

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone interested in participating in a round robin of ESO writing?    Is anyone interested in participating in a round robin of ESO writing?  EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 1:52 pm

Oh hell yeah! I haven't round robin'd since college! That'd be fun.  Is anyone interested in participating in a round robin of ESO writing?  1618352785 
Back to top Go down
https://epbotmc.forumotion.com
Briolase

Briolase

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone interested in participating in a round robin of ESO writing?    Is anyone interested in participating in a round robin of ESO writing?  EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 2:10 pm

Hippopoctopus wrote:
Oh hell yeah! I haven't round robin'd since college! That'd be fun.  Is anyone interested in participating in a round robin of ESO writing?  1618352785 

1-5 Meow Meow Beenz 1-5 Meow Meow Beenz 1-5 Meow Meow Beenz 1-5 Meow Meow Beenz 1-5 Meow Meow Beenz 
Back to top Go down
Hippopoctopus

Hippopoctopus

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone interested in participating in a round robin of ESO writing?    Is anyone interested in participating in a round robin of ESO writing?  EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 4:02 pm

I'll put together a signup and rules document in the Official Guild News Blah Blah forum this weekend. Are you thinking, you know, having a bunch of prompts randomly distributed to the participants, then they write something, and only pass on their final line or final paragraph or something to the next person to continue it from?
Back to top Go down
Briolase

Briolase

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone interested in participating in a round robin of ESO writing?    Is anyone interested in participating in a round robin of ESO writing?  EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 4:09 pm

Nah, I hate that unfinished line bullshit. I find that when people do the unfinished line thing they end up trying to make it impossible for the next person.  Wink 

Really I just see it as more a casual collaborative effort, where everyone contributes toward story progress, and in the process drawing our characters together. There should be meta-discussion from time to time and no fondling other people's characters without permission. Kind of a hybrid of textual roleplay and collaborative fiction? Something like that.

We can also include occasional prompts - anything that arises from meta discussion. And we can always use our Coldharbour stories as a jumping off point.
Back to top Go down
Hippopoctopus

Hippopoctopus

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone interested in participating in a round robin of ESO writing?    Is anyone interested in participating in a round robin of ESO writing?  EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 4:18 pm

Alright then! I'm down. Smile
Do you want to start a new thread in this sub for the story?
Back to top Go down
Briolase

Briolase

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone interested in participating in a round robin of ESO writing?    Is anyone interested in participating in a round robin of ESO writing?  EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 4:19 pm

We could do it in the creative sub, since that sub is private.
Back to top Go down
Hippopoctopus

Hippopoctopus

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone interested in participating in a round robin of ESO writing?    Is anyone interested in participating in a round robin of ESO writing?  EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 4:20 pm

Yeah, that's what I meant... Sorry, posting from my phone and I forgot which sub this was in. -_-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone interested in participating in a round robin of ESO writing?    Is anyone interested in participating in a round robin of ESO writing?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Is anyone interested in participating in a round robin of ESO writing?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Ebonheart Book of the Month Club :: The Guild, Tamriel, and You: Revised Edition :: Other ESO-related whozitwhatsit-